Thursday, June 14, 2012

Cyrano Preliminary Costume Sketches

Below are some exercise sketches of costumes I designed for the three principle characters in Edmund Rostand's Cyrano de Bergerac, one of my favorite lyrical plays.  Linked is the Amazon page to the English edition translated by Anthony Burgess, my favorite translation thus far. Sketches were done in pen and colors in Photoshop.  I also have the female (Roxane) yellow jacket made and hope to have photos soon! 

The play takes place during the reign of King Louis XIII in France. I used the costumes of that time period (1600s) as a basis of inspiration and these photos were the results from my brainstorming.

Xoxo,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog! I hope you enjoy your time here. Comments and critiques greatly appreciated.

Don't forget to click the "READ MORE"
button at the end of some posts to read and view additional photos and commentary!